Jewish Family Camp
What is Family Camp?
In partnership with Jewish Federation of Greater New Haven, Jewish Federation of Western MA, and Mandell JCC of Greater Hartford, Camp Laurelwood invites you to join us for Family Camp this spring or fall.
All are welcome!
Camp Laurelwood believes every Jewish family belongs at camp and seeks to warmly welcome all family structures, families with members who do not identify as Jewish, families of all races, ethnicities, sexual orientations, gender identities and families with children and/or adults with disabilities.
A Family Camp weekend includes:
- A mix of on-campus housing options, including standard bunks and private/semi-private accommodations - see each individual weekend below for the more information about available housing.
- Three Kosher and kid-friendly meals per day. Many snacking options available. See sample menu below.
- Traditional summer camp activities, including (and not limited to): pool/lake, archery, arts & crafts, sports, nature, ropes, challah baking, and celebration of Shabbat.
But I have a little kid… are you sure this will work for me? I’m not so sure we are ready for Camp just yet.
We have lots of experience welcoming people of all ages to Camp Laurelwood. Babies as young as just a few months old have joined us for Family Camp, and we have plenty of baby gear to lend out at no charge - including pack and plays, diaper genies, changing pads, baby monitors, etc. We have ramps to help make our buildings stroller accessible, and we will set up a play area in the dining hall to help keep kids busy while adults make connections. Feel free to reach out with any questions or concerns about how it could work for your family.
Highlights of the 2022 Family Camp Experience from past participants:
- Archery, kids sleepover, adults only programming
- Lake day and archery; being a nice, peaceful environment.
- My family loved our time on the lakefront, and the camp games Saturday night.
- Freedom of the children to explore safely. Shabbat experience was amazing
- Trying new things and activities as a family but also being able to spend adult time talking with and getting to know knew friends
- The time spent at the lake and pool
- Boating on the lake!
- Boating, singing around the campfire, connecting with my family
- Lake and pool
Can't wait to join! How do I register?
Step 1 - Choose a weekend (or both!) - see dates below
Step 2 - Click 'See Housing Options' under your weekend of interest to learn more about the types of housing we have available and familiarize yourself with the cost of optional housing upgrades if you are interested. The cost of the weekend includes a standard camp bunk.
Step 3 - Click 'Register' under your weekend of interest and you will be directed to CampInTouch, which is Camp Laurelwood's registration system. There, you will tell us all the important info about your family, request financial aid if you would like to, and enter payment info. Your payment will NOT be processed when you submit your registration.
Step 4 - You will hear from Elizabeth Kaplan by email - she will answer any questions you have, get your housing reserved, and finalize your individual price (including any financial aid and/or optional housing upgrades).
Step 5 - Get excited! You will hear from us about 2 weeks in advance of the weekend with reminders, a schedule, and a packing list.
2023 Family Camp Weekends:
June 9-11, 2023
- Arrive anytime after 3pm on 6/9, depart by 1pm on 6/11
- $350 all-inclusive per family/household for a standard bunk, with optional housing upgrades available
September 1-4, 2023
- Arrive anytime after 3pm on 9/1, depart by 11am on 9/4
- $550 all-inclusive per family/household for a standard bunk, with optional housing upgrades available
Our 2023 Family Camp Weekends bring together families from the region. We are proud and excited to partner with Jewish Federation of Greater New Haven, Jewish Federation of Western MA, and Mandell JCC of Greater Hartford. If you are not connected to one of those organizations, we would still love to have you join us!