Laurelwood Day Camp
Laurelwood Day Camp is run by Camp Laurelwood and is a great way for campers to start their camping experience. Laurelwood Day Camp is offered to children entering grades *K through Grade 7. Depending on grade, some campers will also have the opportunity to try the overnight camp experience during our "Taste of Laurelwood" weekend and "Best Week Ever" programs. Laurelwood offers 3 specialty camps. Click here to learn more!
Our day campers enjoy all of Laurelwood’s renovated and expanded facilities and programs throughout our beautiful 140+ acre campus. Day campers enjoy daily swim lessons, boating, low ropes course challenges, tennis, soccer, volleyball and softball instruction. They also participate in drama, nature, arts & crafts, music, Israeli culture and special events. And don’t forget our brand new playscape!
*Campers must be going into Kindergarten and have turned the age of 5 by December 31,2018!
- Monday - Friday, 9:00 am to 4:30 pm,
- Extended Hours are available for an additional charge from 7:30 am to 8:45 am and 4:30 pm to 6:00 pm.
A Typical Day:
- 8:50-9:00: Drop Off
- 9:15-9:25 : Rock the Rock (flagpole)
- 9:30-10:15 Period 1*
- 10:30-11:15 Period 2*
- 11:30-12:15 Period 3*
- 12:30-1:15 Lunch
- 1:25-2:20 Rest Hour/Group Time
- 2:30-3:15 Period 4*
- 3:25-3:30 Snack
- 3:30-4:15 Period 5*
- 4:30 Pick Up
*For a list of our activitities click here:
- Our Staff to Camper ratio is 1:8
- All staff go through at least 40 hours of pre-camp training & development
- Kindergarten and 1st graders are grouped together (regardless of gender)
- 2nd graders and up are grouped by gender and by ages
- Camp Laurelwood offers a nutritious kid friendly lunch. Traditional lunches include chicken tenders, pizza, meatball grinders, mac & cheese and pasta. Each main course includes a side dish. A salad bar and fruit are available. Each lunch concludes with dessert.
- Campers are also provided with an afternoon snack.