How could we make a Camp Laurelwood summer even better?
Check out our week-long intensive specialty camp offerings!
Enhance your summer fun with Laurelwood Specialty Camps! Included below are the 2020 speciality camps we will be offering!
Each program will combine immersive, professional instruction and skill development with our high-energy summer camp fun for an intense, well-rounded experience. Campers will master new skills, make new friends and gain a stronger sense of community with an emphasis on the values of teamwork, cooperation and sportsmanship.
In addition, all specialty camps include at least one period of swim. The half-day specialty camps will also include at least one general camp activity.
Robotics Camp - week 4 (starting 7/19)
Have fun with creative problem solving! Campers will build and program a functioning robot and complete individual and team challenges while learning about mechanical design, computer science, math, basic physics, problem solving, and teamwork. Every camper will have the opportunity to be inspired by the excitement of hands-on STEM learning and experience how creating something with technology can help shape a better future. No previous experience required.
Circus Camp - week 5 (starting 7/26)
During this week-long Specialty Camp, campers are transformed into CIRCUS PERFORMERS led by circus professionals! Campers will learn multiple acts: aerial acts including trapeze, fabric, and lyra; balancing acts including juggling, plate spinning, devil sticks, diabolos, feather balancing, hula hoops, jump ropes, lassos/hand stilts, unicycles, pedalos, rola bolas; and clowning and comedy transitions. At the end of the week, participants will present a full, professional circus performance for their fellow campers and community.
Acrobatic Gymnastics -week 7 (starting 8/9)
Spring into fun with Danielle Scarpellino from The Spot, a local acrobatics and dance company! Campers from beginners to advanced will experience the thrill of learning new skills while playing games, making new friends, and getting stronger! With a focus on flexibility, strength, balancing, limbering, tumbling, partnering, and contortion, this program builds confidence and is open to kids with all levels of experience!
Schedule and Options:
Campers must be registered for either the day or overnight camp week that the specialty camp is being offered.
- Day Program: Monday - Friday
- Campers are dropped off between 8:45 am and 9 am and picked up at 4:30 pm.
- Extended Hours available 7:30-8:45 am and 4:30-6 pm. (Additional charges will apply.)
- Lunch is provided.
- Overnight Program: Sunday - Sunday
- Specialty Camp participants are invited to spend the week with us and enjoy all of the programs, facilities and experiences Camp Laurelwood has to offer.
- Includes 7 days lodging, all meals/snacks, day/evening activities and dedicated staff.
Campers must be registered for either the day or overnight camp week that corresponds with the specialty camp.
If your camper is not currently signed up for any session:
- Fill out the application.
- Choose your sessions/dates - Make sure that your camper is signed up for the week/session that the Specialty Camp occurs.
- Continue with application to the "Additional Options" page.
- Choose which Specialty Camp(s) your camper is attending.
- Complete the application.
Already signed up for Camp and want to add a Specialty Camp?
Please log into your Camp-In-Touch account.
- Select "Forms and Documents".
- Choose the "Specialty Camps, Parties, Care Pkgs. & Donations" Form. Choose which specialty camp(s) your camper would like to attend.
- Any additional charges will be added to your ledger.
Typical Day schedule during morning Specialty Camps.
For afternoon specialty camps, swim and camp activity occur before lunch while specialty instruction starts after lunch.
- 8:45 Day Camp Arrival
- 9:30 Specialty Camp Instruction
- 12:30 Lunch
- 1:15 Rest Hour
- 2:00 Activity
- 3:00 Canteen (afternoon snack break)
- 3:30 Swim
- 4:30 Day Camp Departure