Laurelwood Day Camp
Laurelwood Day Camp is a great way for campers to start their camping experience and is offered to campers entering grades *K through Grade 9. Campers in 2nd - 7th grade also have the opportunity to try the overnight camp experience during our "Taste of Laurelwood" weekend and "Rookie Camp" programs. Laurelwood also offers specialty camps throughout the summer.
Our day campers enjoy all of Laurelwood’s renovated and expanded facilities and programs throughout our beautiful 140+ acre campus. Day campers experience daily instructional and free swim periods, boating, tennis, soccer, volleyball and kickball instruction. They also participate in drama, nature, arts & crafts, music and special events. Our youngest campers love climbing, sliding and jumping aroundon our playscape!
*Campers must be going into Kindergarten and have turned the age of 5 by December 31, 2020!
- Monday - Friday, 9:00 am to 4:30 pm,
- Extended Hours are available for an additional charge from 7:30 am to 8:45 am and 4:30 pm to 6:00 pm.
A Typical Day:
- 8:45-9:00: Drop Off
- 9:15-9:25 : Travel Time to join groups
- 9:30-10:15 Period 1*
- 10:30-11:15 Period 2*
- 11:30-12:15 Period 3*
- 12:30-1:15 Lunch
- 1:25-2:20 Bunk Time/Activity
- 2:30-3:15 Period 4*
- 3:25-3:30 Snack
- 3:30-4:15 Period 5*
- 4:30 Pick Up
*For a list of our activitities click here:
- Our Staff to Camper ratio is 1:8
- All staff participate in at least 40 hours of pre-camp development
- Our campers are placed into Divisions based on their grade (there may be multiple groups within each Division)
- Kindergarten and 1st graders are grouped together (regardless of gender)
- 2nd graders and up are grouped by gender and grade groups
- Juniors - 2nd through 4th graders
- Seniors - 5th through 7th graders
- Super Seniors - 8th and 9th graders
- Camp Laurelwood offers a nutritious kid friendly lunch. Traditional lunches include chicken tenders, pizza, grilled cheese, mac & cheese and tacos as well as side dishes. In addition, a full salad bar with fresh veggies, prepared salads and fresh fruit are available at every meal. We are able to serve campers and staff with a variety of dietary needs to include allergies, dairy-free diets, vegetarian/vegan diets, etc.
- Campers are also provided with several choices for afternoon snack. Choices vary daily and may include applesauce, sun chips, hand fruit, graham crackers, pirate's booty, pudding, granola bars.