Immersive Sports Training Camps @ Laurelwood
By popular demand, Camp Laurelwood is offering week-long intensive sports camps for Basketball and Lacrosse this summer!
Each program will combine immersive, professional instruction and skill development with the high-energy summer camp fun for an intense, well-rounded experience. The values of teamwork, cooperation, and sportsmanship are emphasized while campers master new skills, make new friends and gain a stronger sense of community.
BASKETBALL CAMP: 7/10-7/14 (Grades K-7)
Professional instructors will focus on as shooting, passing, dribbling, rebounding and defense. Campers will be immersed in the sport, giving them the kind of focused, intensive training that is essential for improvement. Teamwork and camaraderie are also integral parts of the program. Over the course of the week, your camper’s self-confidence will grow along with their skills and overall appreciation of the game.
- Our Basketball Specialist: Jeremy Pringle returns to camp as the basketball specialist for both the (new!) immersive basketball camp (7/10-7/14 for grades K-7) and for general basketball programming this summer. During the year, he works for Dave Hopla, shooting coach for the Detroit Pistons, and also as a job coach for special needs students at High Roads School in Wallingford. Laurelwood proudly welcomes this extraordinary specialist back to camp for the third year.
LACROSSE CAMP: 7/24-7/28 (Grades 2-9)
Lacrosse training will focus significantly on improving skills in the following key areas: stick handling, cradling, passing and catching. Individual and small group activities will build on and apply those skills with technical exercises and games appropriate for each age group and/or ability level.
- Our Lacrosse Specialist: Dan Sparks returns to Camp Laurelwood for his second summer as the Lacrosse specialist. Dan's 30-year lacrosse resumé includes starting for Quinnipiac’s Division I team, where he served as captain, coaching CT U-11 All Stars and participating in the US National Lacrosse Tournament. However, more recently, his passion can be seen on the sideline helping youth to master the fundamentals of the game. A former Madison Youth Lacrosse Coach, we are thrilled to see him again this summer for immersive lacrosse camp (7/24-7/28 for grades 2-9). This will be the third summer the camp enjoys this popular addition to traditional day/overnight camp.
SCHEDULE AND OPTIONS:
Each Sports Camp will run from 9:00 am-4:15 pm Monday through Friday with three options for participation:
- Day Program: $365/Mon - Fri
- Campers are dropped off at 8:45 am and picked up at 4:15 pm each day (Monday through Friday).
- Extended Hours available from 7:30 am to 8:45 am/4:15 pm to 6:00 pm. (Additional charges will apply.)
- Overnight Program: $1475/Sun-Sun
- Sport Camp participants are invited to spend the week with us and enjoy all of the programs, facilities and experiences Camp Laurelwood has to offer. Includes 7 days lodging, all meals/snacks, day/evening activities and dedicated staff.
- Current Campers: $0
- Campers already registered for Camp Laurelwood Overnight Camp during these weeks are welcome to participate in each Sport Camp program at no additional charge.
9:00-10:45 am Lacrosse/Basketball Training
10:55-11:45 am Elective Period (i.e. Ropes Course, Archery, Boating etc.)
12:00-12:45 pm Lunch
1:00-2:45 pm Lacrosse/Basketball Training
3:00-3:45 pm Free Swim
4:00 pm Snack and get ready for dismissal
4:15 pm Dismissal