BONIM Leadership & Travel Program
The 2017 Bonim Teen & Travel Program is a recreational, educational and cultural experience, building character and social skills along with a strong Jewish identity. This extremely popular program for campers entering 10th grade, combines community service, camp programming, and trips throughout the summer including our 20-day trip to Costa Rica.
SESSION 1 (June 25-July 23):
- At Camp The first few days in camp your camper will spend time reuniting with old friends making new connections, having a chance to explore our campsite and preparing for Costa Rica. Throughout the day, Bonim campers will choose their own schedule throughout the day as well as participating in evening activities.
- Costa Rica Then it’s off on a trip of a lifetime - where they will spend 20 glorious days filled with a memorable mix of activities and adventures.
SESSION 2 (July 23 – August13):
- At Camp: As our most Senior campers, Bonim campers get to customize their schedules, filling their days with their favorite sports and activities – in addition to a variety of day trips and community outreach events.
- Community Outreach: We believe that giving back to the communities in which we live is an important value and one that is embedded in our Jewish tradition. Bonim campers will get involved with community outreach and service projects for both Jewish and secular community non-profit organizations. These organizations are selected based on the mission of the agency as well as providing hands-on opportunities for our campers to get involved, provide assistance, feel good about the work they are doing and know that they are making a difference in the community around them. Previous partners include Tower One/East and the CT Food Bank.
- Overnight Trips: The Bonim adventure continues each week in the form of engaging, fun and exciting weekly overnight trips exclusively for our Bonim campers.
- Week 5: Six Flags New England/KOA Camping in Springfield, MA. The next day campers will head to CT’s Science Center in Hartford before returning to camp.
- Week 6: Mystic (Aquarium and Seaport)/KOA Camping at the Mystic KOA. The next day campers will wake up and head to Misquamicut State Beach before returning to camp.
- Week 7: ZooAmerica/Hershey Park /KOA Camping at the Hershey KOA. A three-day trip that also includes a tour of Hershey PA and much more.
Bonim Rates & Dates
Bonim Full Summer*
|June 26 - August 14||$8755|
Bonim Session 1*
June 26 - July 24 (First 4 Weeks)
Bonim Session 2
July 24 - August 14 (Last 3 weeks)
* Tuition includes all Costa Rica expenses